The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and select private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students with disabilities. Learn the basics—timeline, registration, Schedule A letters, benefits of the program, resume reviews—in this session hosted by UT’s WRP Coordinators (Center for Career Development & Academic Exploration staff).
- Thursday, September 2, 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Tuesday, September 7, 4:00pm-5:00pm
Email email@example.com for the Zoom link.
What is WRP?
- The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and select private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities.
- WRP is managed by the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Goals of the Program
- Bring students with disabilities into the employment process, both through their schools and contact with WRP employers.
- Help college Career Centers and Disability Services Offices to engage with the issue of employment for their students with disabilities.
- Function as a pipeline to bring new talent into the Federal Government and fill mission-critical jobs.
- Break down attitudinal barriers in the workplace.
- Student registration opens: Monday, August 23
- Student registration closes: Monday, October 11
- Student applications close: Wednesday, October 13
- Informational interview period: Monday, October 25 – Wednesday, November 17
- Database released to employers: Mid-December
Who Can Participate?
Students and recent graduates with disabilities. All applicants must be:
- eligible for the Schedule A Hiring Authority for persons with disabilities
- a U.S. citizen
Current students must be a current, full-time, degree-seeking, postsecondary (undergraduate or graduate) student, unless they are taking a reduced course load due to a disability, the COVID-19 pandemic, or are in their last term/semester
Register at WRP.gov
- To register for the WRP, students will need to visit WRP.gov.
- Once students arrive on the website they should select the first purple box that says “Students Registration Now Open!” Then, click the green “Students Register Now!” button