Student Disability Services established two awards to celebrate and recognize the contributions of faculty and staff towards increasing access and inclusion on campus.
Dr. James Brace Excellence in Partnership Award
The Dr. James Brace Excellence in Partnership Award was established in 2017 to honor the revered associate dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine and to recognize faculty, staff, and other members of the university community who excel in partnership with Student Disability Services (SDS).
- 2021 – Missy Parker, Director of Advising – College of Arts and Science
- 2020 – Joel Kramer, Assistant Director – University Housing
- 2019 – Sally Hunter, Clinical Assistant Professor – Department of Child and Family Studies
- 2018 – Melissa Meadows, Distinguished Lecturer – Department of Mathematics
- 2017 – James Brace, Associate Dean – College of Veterinary Medicine
Disability Champion Award
Established in 2019, the student-nominated annual award recognizes faculty and staff who work to create and practice a culture of inclusivity for students with disabilities.
- Haley Dylewski – Graduate Teaching Associate – Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sports Studies
- Sarah Lamer, Assistant Professor – Department of Psychology
- Tessa Burch-Smith, Associate Professor – Department of Biochemistry & Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Suzanne Lenhart, Professor – Department of Mathematics
- Jessica Osborne, Associate Director – Student Success Center
- Purnima Pinnaduwage, Senior Lecturer – Department of Biochemistry & Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Lauren Schroeder, Graduate Teaching Associate, Department of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sports Studies