The student is permitted to use a non-scientific calculator for tests.
- Notify SDS if you believe the use of a non-scientific calculator would constitute a fundamental alteration of a course requirement.
- Talk to instructors at least 7 days before the first quiz or exam to inquire about where they would like exams and quizzes to be taken.
- As needed, submit a request to take an exam or quiz at the SDS Testing Center via the Student Portal at least 7 days in advance for regular exams and quizzes and two weeks before study day for finals. For exams less than 7 days away, complete a Late Exam Request Form, and be prepared to take the exam in class unless notified via email by SDS.
- Indicate during the exam request process the desire to use this accommodation.
- Bring the approved calculator to the exam.
- Notify faculty of exam accommodation request.
- Allow student to use non-scientific calculator