The student requires the use of software allowing them to use their voice to dictate text on device.
- Upon request, instructors may provide this accommodation on exams and quizzes within the department, if the software is available. If unable to do so, instructors may direct students to schedule exams or quizzes with the SDS Testing Center.
- Once an exam or quiz is scheduled in the SDS Testing Center, the instructor will receive email notifications 6 and 2 days before the exam or quiz. Instructors may log into the Faculty Portal, via the SDS website, or click on the link embedded on the exam notification email to review the request.
- Items to review include:
- Date and time of exam
- Length of exam provided to class
- Testing aids allowed (crib sheet, calculator, etc.)
- Exam delivery and return method
- Upload a copy of exam
- Provide exam in Word document format.
- Talk to instructors at least 7 days before the first quiz or exam to inquire about where they would like exams and quizzes to be taken.
- As needed, submit a request to take an exam or quiz at the SDS Testing Center via the Student Portal at least 7 days in advance for regular exams and quizzes and two weeks before study day for finals. For exams less than 7 days away, complete a Late Exam Request Form, and be prepared to take the exam in class unless notified via email by SDS.
- Indicate during the exam request process the desire to use this accommodation.
- Contact SDS to schedule and attend training prior to first use to ensure familiarity with the system as well as creating a profile that will take into account intonation, pitch, pronunciation, etc.
- Provide testing equipment with software installed for exam.
- Upload electronic version of exam to a testing computer.
- Notify faculty of exam accommodation request.