A UT-issued accessible parking permit is required in order to park on corresponding spots on all UT-operated parking lots. Requests for accessible parking permits are processed and issued by the Office of Parking and Transit. For more information, review the Accessible Parking page.
Students with disabilities or temporary injuries who are eligible for assistance with on-campus transportation may utilize the T-Access service, which operates Monday through Friday from 7 am to 6 pm. Students must register with Student Disability Services (SDS) and request an Access Card to begin utilizing the service. Qualified faculty and staff may request an Access Card from the Office of Equity and Diversity.
Utilizing the T-Access
The T-Access is an on-demand, point to point transportation system, servicing the following locations:
- UTK main campus
- Ag campus
- Sorority Village
- Fort Sanders Neighborhood
The T-Access does not operate on the weekends, nor provide transportation services to UT Medical Center, Cherokee Farms, University Commons (Publix) or for medical appointments.
Reminders when Utilizing the T-Access
- Be ready and watch for the T-Access bus after calling dispatch. If you live in a residence hall, be in the lobby or near the door with everything you need prior to pick up time
- At peak time of the day, you may need to schedule extra time (30 minutes) to ensure you arrive at your destination.
- If you have an 8 AM class, call the T-Access approximately 30 to 45 minutes in advance due to high call volume
- Discuss with your professor the need to leave early or arrive late to class
- Download the UT Mobile App to track buses, receive updates and route information.
- All UT buses are accessible and may be used by students, faculty, staff, and visitors on campus. Please review their schedules and routes prior to calling the T-Access. Buses on fixed routes are usually on a shorter rotation and may meet your need if the drop off location is convenient to you.
- After 6 PM, the T-Access begins serving all students and is referred to as the T-Link. Requests for pick-up may be submitted by phone at 865-974-4080, or from any campus blue phone. Students with Access Card may provide their card information and ID number for priority response.
- Students who encountered any issues are encouraged to report it to Student Disability Services and Parking and Transit Office. Please make sure to provide as many details as possible to ensure the concerns are addressed.