Student Disability Services (SDS) is looking for Testing Center Administrative Proctors. This is an non-exempt, temporary, non-tenure track staff position. The position reports to the Student Services Coordinator in SDS and is responsible for assisting with providing accommodated testing services in the SDS Testing Center.
Testing conditions are determined by instructors, and may include authorized materials and aids allowed in the testing room, standard time allowed for the exam, exam platform if a computer-based exam, and many other possible specifications. The administrative proctor makes sure these conditions are appropriately administered and maintained during the exam, as well as assisting with the provision of testing accommodations. Primary responsibilities include student check-in to the testing center, verification of exam materials, monitoring students to ensure academic integrity is maintained, providing time reminders to testers, and student check-out from the testing center. This position also performs a variety of administrative duties related to printing various formats, and reading and interpreting of instructor and accommodation-related instructions. This position requires a high degree of attention to detail, integrity, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality standards.
- Administer exams based on National College Testing Association standards and policies in concordance with SDS Testing’s policies and procedures
- Check students in by verifying their identity and ensure the student does not possess any unauthorized exam aids
- Engage students present in the testing center at all times, including escorting to appropriate testing location, directing students within the office, and monitoring for appropriate conduct during exams, both by physical observation and video monitoring
- Utilize the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database to maintain records
- Monitor students’ testing time
- Disinfect testing stations as students depart
- Assist in playing audio files or monitor slide shows for students taking computer exams
- Scribe and read exams for students
- Deliver or pickup exams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Adobe; ability to be self-directed with minimal supervision; effective interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to maintain high confidentiality; ability to work morning, day, or evening hours.
Pay Rate: $10 per hour
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only applicants who apply with a resume specific to this position and three professional references will be considered. Contact: Robin Dixon, Student Services Coordinator, email@example.com.