This is an non-exempt, temporay, non-tenure track staff position. The position reports to the Alternative Media Specialist and Student Services Coordinator and is responsible for assisting with providing instructional material for students in an accessible format and proctoring in the testing center.
Primary responsibilities include assisting the Alternative Media Specialist with a variety of technical and administrative duties relating to file conversion, editing, proofreading, and printing in various formats, assistive technology, and reading and interpreting of accommodation and professor instructions. This position requires a high degree of attention to detail and very good computer skills. The position will also assist in the Testing Center as needed.
- Convert files into appropriate format
- Edit and proofread converted files to ensure document integrity
- Use of MS Office software and accessibility software
- Convert files for use with various assistive technologies and software
- Caption video and transcribe audio files
- Assist in the Testing Center
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Adobe
- Ability to be self-directed with minimal supervision
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality
Pay Rate: $10 per hour
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only applicants who apply with a resume specific to this position and three professional references will be considered.
Contact: Elissa Edwards, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services.