This accommodation indicates that media used in class may require some type of modification to be fully accessible to the student. Modifications may include captions, audio-description, or transcripts.
- Notify ODS upon receipt of a Faculty Accommodation Letter that includes this accommodation, if planning to use media in class.
- As soon as possible, complete Captioning Request Form and provide SDS with media materials that may require modification.
- For best results, submit materials prior to start of the semester.
- Meet with the instructor at the beginning of the semester to discuss specific needs for accessible media.
- When contacted, notify instructor of student’s specific accessible media needs.
- Assist instructor in procuring or creating the modifications needed for each piece of media that will be used in class.