Student types answers into an electronic version of the exam.
- Allow student to type exams in lieu of writing. Provide exam in word document format.
- Upon request, instructors may provide typed exams and quizzes within the department. If unable to do so, instructors may direct students to schedule exams or quizzes with the SDS Testing Center.
- Once an exam or quiz is scheduled in the SDS Testing Center, the instructor will receive email notifications 6 and 2 days before the exam or quiz. Instructors may log into the Faculty Portal, via the SDS website, or click on the link embedded on the exam notification email to review the request.
- Items to review include:
- Date and time of exam
- Length of exam provided to class
- Testing aids allowed (crib sheet, calculator, etc.)
- Exam delivery and return method
- Upload a copy of exam
- Talk to instructors at least 7 days before the first quiz or exam to inquire about where they would like exams and quizzes to be taken.
- As needed, submit a request to take an exam or quiz at the SDS Testing Center via the Student Portal at least 7 days in advance for regular exams and quizzes and two weeks before study day for finals. For exams less than 7 days away, complete a Late Exam Request Form, and be prepared to take the exam in class unless notified via email by SDS.
- Indicate during the exam request process the desire to use this accommodation.
- Notify faculty of exam accommodation request.
- Provide testing equipment with software installed for exam.
- Upload electronic format of exam to a testing computer.