Students who qualify for this accommodation may use an electronic device such as a livescribe (Smartpen), which is a writing pen that has a built in digital audio recorder. Students take their written notes on paper or a tablet specially designed to sync the notes with the digital recording that occurred as the notes were being written.
- Allow student to audio-record the class.
- Contact SDS if there are any concerns that recording could fundamentally alter the nature of the course.
- Students may use their own electronic device. They may also check out a Smartpen out from SDS.
- Bring the smart pen to all class meetings in good working order.
- Inform SDS immediately if the pen is not working properly and or if it is broken or misplaced.
- Return SDS smart pens to the SDS office at the end of the semester.
- Provide a smart pen to students upon request.
- Assist instructor with any questions or concerns.