Allows student to complete exams or quizzes outside of the usual classroom environment.
- Provide an alternative testing location, or request that the student schedule their exams or quizzes with the SDS Testing Center.
- Items to review include:
- Date and time of exam
- Length of exam provided to class (the system will automatically calculate the extended time based on the student’s accommodation)
- Testing aids allowed (crib sheet, calculator, etc.)
- Exam delivery and return method
- Upload a copy of exam
- Talk to instructors at least 7 days before the first quiz or exam to inquire about where they would like exams and quizzes to be taken.
- As needed, submit a request to take an exam or quiz at the SDS Testing Center via the Student Portal at least 7 days in advance for regular exams and quizzes and two weeks before study day for finals. For exams less than 7 days away, complete a Late Exam Request Form, and be prepared to take the exam in class unless notified via email by SDS.
- Provide a testing space and proctor when given at least 7 days advance notice for regularly scheduled exams and quizzes and two weeks advance notice for final exams.
- Notify faculty of exam accommodation request.