Student Disability Services (SDS) is looking for Graduate Student Administrative Proctors. This is a non-exempt, temporary, non-tenure track staff position. This is not a graduate assistantship. The position reports to the Student Services Coordinator of SDS) and is responsible for assisting with providing accommodated testing services in the SDS Testing Center. The position offers up to 20 hours per week.
Testing conditions of exams are determined by the professor, which includes authorized materials and aids allowed in the testing room, standard time allowed for the exam, exam platform if a computer-based exam, and many other possible specifications. The administrative proctor makes sure these conditions are appropriately administered and maintained during the exam, as well as assisting with the provision of testing accommodations. Primary responsibilities include student check-in to the testing center for their Quiz, Test or Final (QTF), verification of exam materials, appropriate timing of the exam, and check-out from the testing center. This position performs a variety of technical and administrative duties related to file conversion, printing various formats, performing computer updates, and reading and interpreting of professor and accommodation-related instructions. This position requires a high degree of attention to detail.
- Administer exams based on National College Testing Association standards and policies in concordance with SDS Testing’s policies and procedures
- Check students in by verifying their identity and ensure the student does not possess any unauthorized exam aids
- Keep detailed information on students present in the testing center at all times, including escorting to appropriate testing location, directing students within the office, and monitoring for appropriate conduct during exams, both by physical observation and video monitoring
- Utilize the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database as appropriate to update the exam file
- Monitor students’ testing time
- Disinfect testing stations as students depart
- Assist in playing audio files or monitor slide shows for students taking computer exams
- Scribe or read and scribe exams for students
- Deliver or pickup exams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Adobe; ability to be self-directed with minimal supervision; effective interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to maintain high confidentiality; ability to work morning, day, or evening hours.
Pay Rate: $10 per hour
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only applicants who apply with a resume specific to this position and three professional references will be considered. Contact: Robin Dixon, Student Services Coordinator, email@example.com