Student Disability Services (SDS) is looking for an Assistive Technology Provider. This is an non-exempt, temporary, non-tenure track staff position. The position reports to the Student Services Coordinator in SDS and is responsible for converting or creating accessible files for use with assistive technology software.
The assistive technologist (AT) will convert, edit, enlarge, and prepare files for use with reading software, such as Kurzweil or Read&Write Gold. The AT provider is responsible for the content of the reader file and ensures that the material is read appropriately to the student across a number of university subject areas. This position also performs a variety of other technical duties, including software installation and updates, setting up basic hardware and peripherals, and website updates.
- Provide assistive technology support through preparing exam and coursework material into a format necessary to deliver testing accommodations
- Utilize the Accessible Information Management (AIM) database to maintain records
- Appropriately convert documents into an accessible format
Other duties may include:
- Administer exams based on National College Testing Association standards and policies in concordance with SDS Testing’s policies and procedures
- Check students in by verifying their identity and ensure the student does not possess any unauthorized exam aids
- Engage students present in the testing center at all times, including escorting to appropriate testing location, directing students within the office, and monitoring for appropriate conduct during exams, both by physical observation and video monitoring
- Monitor students’ testing time
- Disinfect testing stations as students depart
- Assist in playing audio files or monitor slide shows for students taking computer exams
- Scribe and read exams for students
- Deliver or pickup exams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and Adobe; ability to be self-directed with minimal supervision; effective interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to maintain high confidentiality; ability to work morning, day, or evening hours.
Pay Rate: $12 per hour
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only applicants who apply with a resume specific to this position and three professional references will be considered. Contact: Robin Dixon, Student Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org