The UT Program of the Southeast Alliance for Persons with Disabilities in STEM is offering scholarships opportunities for qualified undergraduate students. Please review the requirements below about the scholarship program and visit the SEAPD-STEM website for more information if interested.
Join our program and get valuable peer and faculty mentoring to help you succeed in your STEM major! This collaborative project is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) with the goal of increasing the quantity and quality of students receiving degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Participants in the SEAPD-STEM UT program will each receive a $750 scholarship per semester.
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
- Pursue an undergraduate degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Participate in mentoring activities on topics such as time management, study skills, advice on course selection, applying for STEM internships, preparing for STEM careers or graduate school, and more. Approximately 6 meetings (of duration one hour each) in this semester.
- Continue to pursue a degree in a STEM discipline while in the program.
Application Requirements – DEADLINE February 3, 2022
- Complete the application form (attached).
- Submit a copy of your transcript (unofficial is fine).
- Submit a short essay about your college and career goals (Limit: 1 page).
- If you are not already registered with Student Disability Services, disability verification must be done conducted. Contact David Ndiaye, Director of Student Disability Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Send complete application package to Suzanne Lenhart at email@example.com.
Space in this program is limited. Application selections will be made by a committee of UTK faculty and staff. If you have any questions about the process or the scholarship, please contact Suzanne Lenhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.